The Firm has ample experience in the structuring and monitoring of investment funds. The Firm’s team has worked to structure various types of investment funds, including hedge funds, structured funds, equity investment funds (FIPs), funds of funds (FICs), multimarket funds (FIMs), and real estate investment funds (FIIs), among others.
The services offered by the Firm in this area include:
- Legal advice to fund administrators and portfolio managers, consultants and investors, both national and foreign, to obtain registration for functioning from the Brazilian Securities Commission (CVM);
- Negotiation and drafting of bylaws, contracts, investment committee meeting minutes, shareholders’ agreements and related documents;
- Support for the acquisition of equity stakes in target companies by investment funds;
- Planning and coordination of corporate restructuring through investment funds, including mergers and spin-offs of investment funds; and
- Identification and implementation of efficient tax structures for making investments via investment funds.