The Firm has extensive experience in compliance questions, having advised clients in the creation, development and implementation of compliance programs.
The Firm has a multidisciplinary team that has participated in some of the most emblematic cases involving corporate investigations, including abroad, enabling it to advise clients in a wide range of economic segments in conducting internal compliance investigations.
The Firm’s practice in this segment goes beyond corruption, administative malfeasance and other crimes against the public administration, also involving accusations of money laundering and financing of terrorism; cartel formation and other competition law infractions; leakage or theft of data; violations of information security or privacy; illicit labor practices; unfair competition; mental and sexual harassment in the workplace; improper use of privileged information (insider trading) and other crimes involving the capital market; environmental accidents or disasters; tax crimes and others.
The services rendered in these areas include:
- Legal support to conduct internal investigations and to manage the related consequences and risks, and to formulate actions to remedy wrongdoing discovered;
- Evaluation of practices adopted in relation to compliance with laws, regulations, internal policies and best international practices, as well as support in the development of integrity programs;
- Development of compliance programs and formulation of monitoring policies and procedures, internal controls and risk management;
- Support to clients in the implementation of compliance training programs, internal ethics codes and internal investigations, including based on information obtained through whistleblower channels;
- Internal auditing with emphasis on the efficacy of lines of defense;
- Representation of clients in administrative inquiries, investigations and penalty proceedings;
- Representation in negotiation of leniency agreements and consent decrees with authorities;
- Due diligence involving compliance and anticorruption measures in the context of corporate transactions;
- Advice for evaluation of matters involving contractual obligations, corporate governance and disclosure of relevant information to the capital market resulting from internal or governmental investigations and related subjects;
- Consulting in processes for integrity certification; and,
- Identification and analysis of information to support strategic business litigation, both judicial and arbitral.