The Firm has a multidisciplinary team with extensive experience in the media and entertainment segment. With clients ranging from artists and performers, agents, independent producers, content producers, ticket agents, advertising agencies, digital and analog media companies, news agencies, journalism companies, radio and television broadcasters, audiovisual producers and recording studios, printers, music publishers and streaming companies. The services rendered in this area include:
- Support for the drafting and negotiation of agreements for representation, intermediation, sponsorship, publicity, licensing, marketing and naming rights;
- Consulting for the drafting and negotiation of contracts for audiovisual productions for television, theaters and online platforms, including shows, events, artistic and cultural productions, publishing of books and magazines, licensing of branded entertainment and product placement and matters related to laws to foster and encourage culture;
- Consulting and support in corporate, tax and labor matters, asset management and estate planning;
- Legal advice in questions of public and regulatory law and relations with CONAR, ANCINE, ANATEL, Ministry of Communications and Ministry of Citizens’ Rights; and
- Audits to verify payments to interpreters, composers and musicians, including royalties (for copyrights and neighboring rights), rights for public performance, licensing and negotiations with recorders, editors, collective management entities and digital platform operators.